Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2nd class for CS3216

Class today was more like project management or some sort, revisiting the waterfall model, agile development and the well known "divide and conquer" method. Somehow, I've been doing the agile development most of the time and there are times in which time is critical and I screw scalability. If I were to place scalability then I can screw the time. I'm always in a dilemma.
As years past, I tend to get "lazy" depending on the nature of the project (depending on the chance of me revisiting the codes) then I'll focus more on which element. I found in this way I don't screw up big time. Haha.

Also, the MVC frame work that was flashed during the class, I found it weird as there is an interaction between the view and model directly. My impression of view and model's interaction was thru the middle man, controller. There should not be any interaction directly from view to model (I guess).

Below is the MVC i'm familiar with,





























Is there a difference?

9 comments:

  1. Your model is correct. :-)

    There was a typo in the slide lah. The controller is supposed to interact with the model but when I sent the slides for zhng'ing, one arrow went missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Prof: Who zhngs your slides for you? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kah Hong,

    My trusty Tutor, Yanjie, who already zhng'ed the course website. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo ic. . ok so it was just a typo hehe. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, and you've just demonstrated that you weren't paying attention to me when I talked 'cos I mentioned it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. u know what i'm actually pretty confused right now when we talk about mvc models and (front and back end) stuffs.

    eg. so mvc frameworks like struts is considered as front-end and when used with hibernate, hibernate is used as back-end? the model in itself is able to interface with database y do we still use another architecture to interface with database???

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jian Hong,

    So sorry, I'm actually not familiar with Struts and Hibernate. I mentioned the MVC model basically because it's something that will come up time and again in web programming and I just want to the non-programmers to have a general idea of what it means.

    If you use a standard platform like Struts or RoR, you just follow the conventions and you should be fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. icic ok no problem thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. "but when I sent the slides for zhng'ing, one arrow went missing."

    Was on hunger strike lah. hehe.

    ReplyDelete